researching at the intersection of tech and society
Applications for the 22-23 academic year have closed.
Applications for 23-24 will open in spring 2023.
Additional Programming (2022-2023)
Fellows should try to participate in one of the multimedia projects the Center produces, such as our weekly podcast, Tech Refactored, or our new “explainer video” series produced by students in the emerging media arts program. If you are interested in developing an idea for an explainer video or podcast, please contact our team!
We anticipate hosting six receptions and dinners for networking and community building next year (three each semester, roughly monthly), to which faculty fellows are invited.
Additionally, the student fellows’ program (a parallel program for graduate students across the university) will have an opening retreat. Faculty Fellows are invited and encouraged to join them, should they wish to participate. This is scheduled for August 26-28 (spending Friday and Saturday nights) at a camp near Lincoln and Omaha.
Applications for 22-23 have closed. Applications for 23-24 will open in spring 2023.
Fellows will receive an honorarium of $2,500, paid in full by check midyear (after the fall semester).
This schedule is subject to change:
- Tuesday August 30, Charlotte Tschider, 3:45-5pm (law college)
- Thursday September 8 at 6:30pm (off campus mixer/meal)
- Tuesday Sept 13, Lisa Benjamin, 3:45-5pm (law college)
- Tuesday Sept 27, James Coleman, 3:45-5pm (law college)
- Tuesday Oct 11, Peter Swire, 3:45-5pm (law college)
- Thursday Oct 20 at 6:30pm (off campus mixer/meal)
- Tuesday Oct 25, Mark Koyama, 3:45-5pm (law college)
- Tuesday Nov 8, Jeff Prince, 3:45-5pm (law college)
- Thursday Nov 17 at 6:30pm (law college)
- Tuesday Nov 22, Chinmayi Sharma, 3:45-5pm (law college)
Spring Semester workshops and dates are pending.
2022-2023 NGTC Faculty Fellows
- Ash Eliza Smith — Center for Emerging Media Arts, Hixson-Lied College Fine and Performing Arts
- Bernard McCoy – College of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Bonita Sharif — College of Arts and Sciences and College of Engineering
- (Bryan) Ming Wang — College of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Frauke Hachtmann — College of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Heather Akin — College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Laurie Thomas Lee – College of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Mark van Roojen – College of Arts and Sciences
- Matthew Schaefer — College of Law
- Özgür Merih Araz – College of Business
- Sajeesh Sajeesh — College of Business
- Srivatsan Kidambi – College of Engineering
- Valerie Jones – College of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Laura Poppo – College of Business
- Robert Twomey – Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts
- Rebecca Wachs – Biological Systems Engineering
- Eve Brank – College of Arts and Sciences
- Tammy Beck – College of Business
- Hamid Bagheri – College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering
- Susan VanderPlas – Institute of Agricultural and Natural Resources
- Jason Hawkins – College of Engineering
- Ingrid Haas – College of Arts and Sciences
- Congrui Jin – College of Engineering